Simile Metaphor Hyperbole Personification Onomatopoeia Alliteration Idiom
Figurative Language in Music? NO WAY!
Personification Basketball. Click here to play!
Metaphors & Similes
“Grammar Girl” explains
Examples in Poetry: Click here for examples
50 examples of Hyperbole
Click here for 100 examples of onomatopoeia
Click here for alphabetical list of words that are commonly used in alliteration.
Examples of alliteration.
Figurative Language with Pop Music! Click here for Prezi.
You will need to select 4 out of the 7 choices for Figurative Language. (simile, metaphor, hyperbole, personification, onomatopoeia, alliteration, idiom)
- Use the examples below for inspiration
- Will need to use Photo Story, Windows Movie Maker, or iMovie (or something equivalent) to complete the assignment.
- Must show figurative language you’ve chosen
- Then show us the lyrics that pertain to the figurative language (not the entire song-just the lines around)
- We will also need to hear the song. (YouTube video or simply play the song in the background) (Again, not the entire thing–just the parts that apply.)
- You don’t have to include the explanation, but be ready to share it with your classmates.
Figurative language in Rap? Sure! Click here for Flocabulary’s site dedicated to just that!
Examples of what you should accomplish using Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, etc*
*Tutorials for Windows Movie Maker and Photo Story
Windows Movie Maker
- Getting Started with WMM
- WMM tutorial
- WMM tutorials
- Intro to WMM
- Tutorial PDF
- WMM basic tutorial (slideshow)
- WMM Editing
- Another video to watch
- Photo Story on YouTube
- Photo Story basics on YouTube
- Using Photo Story for Projects
- 10 steps tutorial-Photo-Story-3