Although I can’t really check if you did this honestly, I would hope that you would try so you can get a feeling of what Anne Frank, and many other people who were in hiding felt. It would also be better if you did it in the evening to get the full effect.
Here are your instructions:
- Take off your shoes, go to your room, close the blinds, windows, and doors, and turn off all of the lights except for one flashlight.
- During the time in your room, you cannot talk, eat, use running water, watch TV (or movies or videos), use your iPod or cell phone, walk, or do anything that makes excessive noise such as flushing the toilet.
- What can you do? Read! Do some homework! Work on a forgotten project that you’ve stuffed in the back of your closet or under your bed! (NOT SLEEP!)
- Journal about what it’s like to hear the world going on around you or list what you take for granted or even daydream about your fabulous life!
- At the conclusion of the activity, you need to complete your first blog detailing the experience. Here is the link.
- Your minimum blog is one paragraph (5-7 sentences), but feel free to write as much as you’d like!
- I know that some of your schedules are very busy and two hours seems like a very long time. However, I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t feel this activity was important in understanding and appreciating what we will be studying.
- Please complete this activity honestly. Do not cheat yourself out do this of this eye-opening experience.