Here is the plan for the day:
- Read for 20 minutes
- Here is a game to review figurative language. Figurative Language Baseball! Try not to have too much fun! 😉
- Show v Tell-go over yesterday’s writing to see if we were telling or showing!
- Did you check out this tutorial yet?
- Finally, today we need to begin writing our opening paragraph. This is the attention getter-so you MUST really hook your reader and drag them in!
- This PowerPoint is GREAT! It shows you how to develop your first paragraph-step by step. PLEASE follow this example! (Remembering to SHOW us NOT TELL us! AND to use lots of descriptive language to paint us the picture! (Your SENSES!)
- This is another great PPT that will help you in your writing! Read FIRST before writing!
- Here is ONE MORE piece that might help you get your thoughts organized!
WRAP UP: For tomorrow–You must have your INTRO PARAGRAPH completed. Don’t tell us ANYTHING! SHOW US EVERYTHING!