It seems this flu bug has kept me away from blogging! So sorry about the delay in posting! I’ll try to catch up with today’s post.
- Scholastic book orders are due TOMORROW! Activation code: L7L3T
- 8th grade ELA teachers need workers for the Book Fair during the week of Oct 29-31. If you are available to work either 7:30-11 am or 10:30-2:30 pm-please email me right away with the time(s) you are available.
- Grades have been updated in the computer. With the students working on their next formative assessment (pre-test) today, I was finally able to add many grades to the grade book. The grading period ends this week, so we will be off to a fresh start next Monday.
- Yesterday, we starting practicing with making inferences. We read some sections on the board and made inferences together as a class.
- We were also able to take our first class field trip to the library. Students are able to check out 2 books at a time and renew them as often as needed. We make our journey every other Monday for the rest of the year. Students are now expected to have a free reading book with them in class at all times.
- Finally, we talked about how to remember commas the best. Since me providing notes and practice will only stay in their brains for a short time–I decided to make the students the teachers. They are to follow these instructions to complete a comma review.Comma Review They must show examples and good notes for each of the rules provided. I also gave them this sample to look at for inspiration. Basic Comma Help
- Today we took a formative assessment over RI 8.5, RI 8.2, & RL 8.2.